April 08, 2022 19:41 GMT
Tsys see-sawed in weaker range all session, near lows after the bell. Generally quiet end to the week: no react to Wholesale inventories (2.5%)/trade sales (1.7%) earlier. Two-way positioning/squaring up ahead the weekend, markets keeping wary eye on geopol headline risk re: Russia war in Ukraine, continued global sanctions.
- Yield curves inched steeper, however, after trading flatter in early trade. Currently, 2s10s nearly 30bp off Sunday evening inverted low of -9.531 at +19.542 (+.320) while 3s, 5s and 7s remain inverted vs. 10s (-1.872, -4.547, -8.477 respectively).
- Limited data (NY Fed survey of consumer expectations at 1100ET) kicks off next week's shortened* pre-Easter holiday trade though several Fed speakers scheduled on Monday:
- Atl Fed Bostic open remarks: Fed Listens event in Nashville; Fed Govs' Bowman and Waller closing remarks at same event at 0930ET
- NY Fed John Williams CME/Economic Club of New York event
- Chicago Fed Evans economic outlook at 1240ET
- Treasury supply:
- US Tsy $57B 13W, $48B 26W bill auctions at 1130ET
- US Tsy $46B 3Y Note auction (91282CEH0) at 1300ET
- * Note: CME floor closes early Thursday, April 14 at 1300ET, markets closed next Friday for Easter holiday.