Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/ZAR tracking USD/CNH to retrace an early push lower towards 14.80 on an upbeat APAC session and softer greenback.
- Commodities continue to shine with gold +0.61% & platinum 1.65%, adding support to ZAR.
- Yesterday's news that SA halted the rollout from its biggest vaccine producer, dampened sentiment slightly, but it seems new plans regarding Sputnik V could be on the cards.
- Price action remains choppy within the 15.10-14,80 band as the cross pushes for a more decisive direction.
- More sustained $ weakness and favourable risk sentiment has given the cross a firmer downside bias, but with $ net short positioning still very one-sided & inverted H&S on the DXY not fully rejected, the tail risk of an unwind still remains a threat.
- Cross needs to clear Sup1: 14.7855 to make a more consolidated move lower towards sup2: 14.5086, Res1: 14.9078, Res2: 15.00