Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- US delegation to visit Turkey today to discuss a proposal for the Kabul airport.
- Defense Min Akar says Turkey will not send more troops to Afghanistan to secure the Kabul Airport with 500 already stationed there.
- IYI party says it opposes Turkish deployment in Kabul, saying Turkish lives are at risk and the US must stabilize Afghanistan
- Turkey may merge three Islamic banks controlled by the Wealth Fund to boost efficiency and economies of scale.
- Ziraat, Vakif & Emlak have combined assets of TRY133.7bn & total 1Q21 profit of TRY114m (10% y/y increase).
- The merger is currently in discussion phase and would create the second-largest Islamic bank in Turkey.
- Additionally, Halkbank has held off on plans to set up its own Islamic bank
- Veteran pollster warns HDP closure and outright ban on forming another pro-Kurdish party would cause at least a 5% loss in Kurdish votes for the AKP.
- Notes 25% of the Kurdish population votes AKP, but the closure would likely divert support to the CHP.
- Also says pressure from the MHP, not Erdogan, is the main driver of the HDP closure case – and the byproduct of the issue is nationalism in the IYI and CHP, which helps prevent an alliance between the opposition.