Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The USD is ebbing off the overnight highs, with the USD Index back below the 50-dma. Greenback weakness has helped EUR/USD recover off the overnight lows of 1.1799, with the Tuesday high at 1.1846 now within range. Markets need to close above here to confirm a reversal, after which focus will turn to key resistance at the 1.1909 level.
- Persistent oil strength continues to work in favour of the NOK, which outperforms all others in G10. This puts USD/NOK on track to take the Tuesday low at 8.5739 ahead of the 200-dma at 8.5550.
- Canadian CPI due Wednesday is expected to creep higher, mimicking the US release yesterday with median core CPI seen inching up to 2.7% Y/Y - matching levels last seen in 2008. USD/CAD remains in a short-term uptrend, with 50-dma support at 1.2590 providing some support.
- US Empire manufacturing, import/export price indices and industrial production data also cross. ECB's Schnabel and Lane are both due to speak.