Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Spot USD/PHP consolidates just above the PHP48.00 mark, last sits -4 pips at PHP48.02. A break under Dec 28 low/round figure of PHP48.01/00 would clear the way to Oct 20, 2016 low of PHP47.95. Bulls look for a rebound above Dec 22 high of PHP48.13, which would open up the 50-DMA at PHP48.25.
- On Monday, the Philippines extended restrictions on movement in Metro Manila through the end of the next month.
- Elsewhere, Philippine Pres Duterte has given a nod to a record PHP4.5tn budget for 2021.
- Philippine Food and Drug Administration Director General said that the country has approved Janssen Pharmaceutical's application to begin clinical trials of its Covid-19 jab in the Philippines.
- Money supply/bank lending data is due out of the Philippines today.