Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/TRY trades slightly higher at the open, having closed yesterday's session mainly flat after failing to breach 8.60.
- TRY stands +0.80% firmer this week vs the USD on the back of moves from the CBRT to bolster reserves through FX swaps.
- However, some analysts remain concerned that this means a return to loose policy against market conditions and currency management through reserves – which will hardly inspire more greater credibility in the eyes of the market.
- For today, the US meeting over the Kabul airport comes into focus with an opportunity to boost ties somewhat after a disappointing Erdogan-Biden meeting.
- For now, 8.60 support looks fairly sticky on the downside as it has been a robust level in the past.
- Intraday Sup1: 8.5808, Sup2: 8.5149, Res1: 8.6927, Res2: 8.7488