Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/ZAR trades flat to higher around the open, mirroring early price action in the BBDXY.
- The cross filed to move below 14.1421 support in yesterday's session with buyers emerging into the back end of the session.
- Focus today will be on the national coronavirus council for tighter restrictions on Gauteng and possibly the Western Cape.
- Cases jumped to above 17k overnight, adding weight to calls for tighter measures as Gauteng hospitals become overrun.
- Additionally, suspended SG Magahsule will face off with the ANC in court today and tomorrow – attempting to get his suspension by the NEC nullified and his unilateral suspension of Ramaphosa validated.
- Moves by the court to affirm Magahule's suspension will be likely construed as ZAR positive in the market with Ramaphosa tightening his grip on power within the ANC as Magahsule's wanes.
- Intraday Sup1: 14.1421, Sup2: 14.0768, Res1: 14.3667, Res2: 14.5198