Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- The hawkish intentions form the BCB are playing out with some aggressive moves in the currency. USDBRL breaking multiple levels of short-term support and fast approaching the 20-day EMA at 5.3366.
- Interesting moves in Brazil DI curve today. Front end local swap rates are under pressure but the back end has been rallying with swap rates seen between 10-15 basis points lower.
- The extent to which a hawkish BCB may make the Real more attractive may explain some of the moves, underpinned by broader demand for Brazilian fixed income, which would be most likely seen in the belly/longer dates.
- Interesting to note, USDBRL options volumes well ahead of average for this time of day, with firm demand for USDBRL puts driving the uptick in activity. Close to $5 in puts have traded for every $2 in calls so far today.
- Some of the larger legs crossing this morning have been consistent with a sizeable 4.9250/5.1250 put spread, a position that eyes an end-February expiry and breaks even on a move below ~5.10 in USD/BRL