- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
VIEW CHANGE: Nomura looks for 5.25% terminal rate
- "We now see three further 25bp hikes at the next three BoE meetings (Jun, Aug, Sep), bringing the terminal rate to 5.25% – a level that the Bank had pushed back on at the end of last year) . We see few signs of easing in UK inflation that would give the BoE an opportunity to stop hiking sooner rather than later."
- "We maintain the view that Bank Rate will remain elevated for some time as the BoE seeks to bolster its credibility on reaching its 2% inflation target. Therefore, we only expect rate cuts from the second half of 2024."
- "Undeniably today’s inflation print was strong, but there were a few April specific factors that mean we are unlikely to see such large monthly increases in seasonally-adjusted inflation again soon."
- Nomura's previous view was for a final 25bp hike in June 23 but risks "seem skewed to the upside." They then expected 5x25bp cuts in Aug24, Sep24, Nov24, Dec24, Feb25 to 3.50%.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.