Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
EU COMMISSION: With MEPs approving last of 27 commissioner-designates on Monday,
the von der Leyen Commission takes a step closer to finally taking office
(originally scheduled for 1 Nov).
- On 21 Nov, Commission's 3 exec-VPs will meet Euro Parliament (EP) president
and heads of political groups in EP in an "exchange of views" to allow them to
explain positions to senior MEPs.
- UK remains something of an obstacle. Legally obliged to nominate commissioner
as it is still in EU, but argues gov't should not make international appointment
during election campaign. EU has launched infringement procedure against UK,
which has until Friday 22 Nov to respond. Unlikely UK will acquiesce.
- After this, the Euro Council (heads of gov't) will have to approve VDL and her
'College of Commissioners', with College then put to an EP vote.
- 1 Dec remains the likely date for VDL Commission to take over.
- Since 1 Nov Juncker Commission has remained in place as a caretaker, with no
new directives or actions taken. Major issues facing new Commission, namely next
Multi-annual Financial Framework, and EU englargement.