- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Won Slips On Mounting Pile Of Covid-19 Cases
Spot USD/KRW trades +1.75 fig. at KRW1,198.80, with bulls looking for a break above Jan 28 high of KRW1,207.25, which would open up Jun 17, 2020 high of KRW1,218.60. Bears look for losses past the 50-DMA at KRW1,190.04 towards the 100-DMA at KRW1,184.91.
- USD/KRW 1-month NDF last seen at KRW1,199.86, a touch higher on the day. Bulls keep an eye on Jan 28 high of KRW1,214.39, while bears look for a dip through the 50-DMA at KRW1,191.39.
- Pres Moon chairs an inter-agency meeting for Covid-19 response today, after South Korea's total caseload topped 1mn over the weekend.
- North Korean media outlets have stayed silent on a meeting of the country's rubber-stamp legislature scheduled for last weekend, inspiring speculation that it may have been postponed. It had been expected that official coverage of the meeting could shed some light on North Korea's defence policy plans.
- Focus turns to South Korea's monthly BoP current account balance, due Thursday.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.