Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The strong bounce in Tsy ylds from Mon-Tue sharp decline ran out of gas Thursday, finishing day off session lows (10YY 1.2599% vs. 1.2316%L; 30YY 1.8957% vs. 1.8783%L).
- Tsy futures traded higher after weekly claims (weekly claims 419k vs. 350k est; continuing claims 3.236M vs. 3.1M est; July rev to 368k), after bouncing off session lows a few minutes after ECB steady policy annc -- deposit and key refi rates unch'd but revised forward guidance, perhaps not as dovish as anticipated as Bunds trade lower as well.
- Covid case count headlines (7-day avg case count +53%; 20% of all US cases coming from FL) pushed Tsys to new session highs, though equities managed to trade higher into the FI close (ESU1 +9.0).
- Tsys holding off midday highs after 10Y TIPS auction draws -1.016% high yield vs. -0.997% WI. Bid-to-cover steady with prior auction at 2.50. Indirect take-up climbs to 70.14% vs. 68.59% in May (68.68% 5M avg) Primary dealer take-up slips to 14.31% vs. 14.88% 5M avg. Direct take-up 15.55% vs. 14.88% 5M avg.
- The 2-Yr yield is down 1bps at 0.1978%, 5-Yr is down 2.6bps at 0.7105%, 10-Yr is down 2.5bps at 1.2632%, and 30-Yr is down 3.7bps at 1.9022%.