Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Spot USD/CNH has shed 120 pips thus far, weighed on by broader recovery in risk appetite. The rate last sits at CNH6.3856, with bears looking for a slide through Nov 16 low of CNH6.3616 towards May 31 low of CNH6.3525. Conversely, a rebound above Oct 29 high of CNH6.4104 would expose the 50-DMA, which intersects at CNH6.4150.
- The PBOC set their central USD/CNY mid-point at CNY6.3872, 13 pips above sell-side estimate.
- Beijing deployed 27 warplanes into Taiwan's air defence identification zone over the weekend. It was the largest group of PLA warplanes sent towards Taiwan in more than seven weeks.
- China's industrial profits rose 24.6% Y/Y in October, up from the 16.3% recorded in September, according to data released Saturday.
- Local PMI data take focus this week. Official reports will hit the wires tomorrow, with Caixin M'fing PMI coming up Wednesday & Caixin Services PMI due Friday.