Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Market sentiment stabilised as the dust settled after the discovery of the Omicron coronavirus variant. The yuan led most Asia EM FX higher, albeit the baht lagged amid worrying prospects for the tourism sector.
- CNH: Spot USD/CNH went offered despite a marginally softer than expected yuan fixing. The recovery in broader risk appetite applied pressure to the pair.
- KRW: Spot USD/KRW printed a fresh seven-week high in early trade, but pared gains as mood music improved. South Korea's Vice FInMin said that officials will monitor markets on a 24h basis and stand ready to take pre-emptive and aggressive stabilisation measures if needed.
- IDR: Spot USD/IDR pared its initial gains amid stabilisation in risk sentiment. Local headline flow was rather limited.
- MYR: Spot USD/MYR operated in close proximity to neutral levels, as participants awaited the release of Malaysia's trade data.
- PHP: The Philippine peso gained alongside most of its regional peers. The Philippines expanded its "red list" by several European countries, after banning entry from a number of African nations.
- THB: The broader tightening of border restrictions in a bid to contain the spread of the Omicron variant undermined the baht, amid concerns that the tourism industry could take another hit. Spot USD/THB hit a fresh seven-week high.