Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
- MPC member Zubelwicz goes against MPC comments supporting a weaker PLN, saying interventions hurts the economy in the long-term, and that the NBP may have underestimated 2021 CPI
- Ruling party PiS continues to lead in support metrics with 32.5% backing, down by 1.1% in a United Surveys poll.
- Grassroots movement Polska 2050 of former presidential candidate Szymon Holownia gained 4.4% to 16.2% and is clearly catching up with the largest opposition grouping KO, which suffered a 2.1% decline to 20.9% - Gazeta Prawna
- Banks continue to allocate FX loan loss provisions, following Mbank last week - leading to lower 4Q20 profit forecasts.
- Bank Millennium -2.1% at the open on expectation for 4Q net loss on PLN 379.6m loan provision.
- Bank Millennium has one of highest exposure to FX-mortgages in industry, as such mortgages represent 20% of its lending book
- Cabinet Spox says Poland will not change existing Covid regime today and will likely refrain from tightening the existing restrictions, with any easing to benefit retail and the hotel industry - PAP