- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
A fast market session for Global Markets
- A fast market session across the Globe, after Russian forces attacked targets across Ukraine, after Russian President Putin announced a special military operation to demilitarise Ukraine.
- Bund traded inn a massive 200 ticks range overnight, but saw selling interest on the cash open, with desks favouring selling into the strength.
- ECB Gabriel Makhlouf, a voter Dove, came with some hawkish headline during a Bloomberg interview, noting that the ECB may still decide on end of QE despite Ukraine.
- Periheral spread are all wider, with Greece in the lead, wider by 5.1bps.
- Gilt has rallied with Europe, and the 10yr yield slipped over 10bps, with yield now at 1.374%.
- Similar story for Treasuries, with safer haven Bonds favoured by investors.
- Looking ahead, there were no tier 1 EU data of note, and out of the US, sees 2nd reading for GDP and Core PCE.
- Speakers for today, BoE Bailey, Broadbent, Pill, ECB Schnabel, and US Fed Barkin, Bostic, Mester and Daly.
- All eyes remains on Russia.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.