Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Initial weakness and flattening in Bunds and Gilts faded over the course of the morning and early afternoon, with curves steepening even as equities ground lower.
- Meanwhile, BTP spreads reversed most of Thursday's widening, suggesting fading risk perceptions of early elections or an otherwise disorderly outcome to the latest political crisis.
- Not much in the way of newsflow; in data, stronger-than-expected UK GDP numbers added to the negative Gilt tone on the open.
- Most remaining European events of note for this week will occur at/after the cash close, including UK PM Johnson leading the 1700GMT COVID press conference, and ratings reviews of the UK and Finland.
- Mar Bund futures (RX) down 21 ticks at 177.63 (L: 177.51 / H: 177.94)
- Mar Gilt futures (G) down 10 ticks at 134.34 (L: 134.17 / H: 134.48)
- Mar BTP futures (IK) up 36 ticks at 151.27 (L: 151.01 / H: 151.48)
- Italy / German 10-Yr spread 3.7bps tighter at 115.6bps