Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: A rollercoaster week for Gilts ended with a spike higher as PM May
delivered a defiant speech that left the impression that Brexit talks with the
EU had hit an impasse.
- The Dec 18 Gilt future is up 43 ticks at 121.26, having traded in a range of
- There has been a rally across the curve in a bull steepening action, with the
2-Yr yield down 2.3bps at 0.808%, 5-Yr down 3.6bps at 1.142%, 10-Yr down 3.8bps
at 1.547%, and 30-Yr down 3.3bps at 1.892%.
- With a no-deal Brexit very much back in play (if it had ever left play,
considering the lack of a breakthrough at the EU summit this week), rate hike
expectations have fallen considerably.
- Market pricing for next BoE hike has moved this week from Aug 2019, to Jun
2019, back to Aug.
- DMO announced timing for syndication of 1.625% 2071 Gilt in the week
commencing 8 October 2018.
- Next week, BOE speakers include Vlieghe, Haldane, Ramsden, and Carney.