Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
JGBS: Activity in JGB futures was limited in Tokyo hours, with a couple of
failed attempts at topping the overnight high noted. Contract last +2.
- The belly lagged in cash trade, with strength in the long end seen in the wake
of the latest 20-Year auction.
- In terms of auction specifics, things were solid enough on the price side as
the tail tightened vs. prev. auction and low price topped dealer exp., proxied
by the BBG dealer poll (100.15), but the cover ratio softened to levels more in
line with the recent averages after the uptick at last month's auction.
- Elsewhere, backwards looking data from the BoJ revealed that the Bank held
44.2% of JGBs at the end of March, with foreigners holding 12.9% of JGBs at that
- Weekly international security flow data noted that Foreigners flipped to net
buying of Japanese bonds in the most recent week covered, scooping up a net
Y261.4bn after 2 consecutive weeks of net selling.