Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 1.2419 High Apr 27
- RES 3: 1.2388 20-day EMA
- RES 2: 1.2351 High May 4 and a key near-term resistance
- RES 1: 1.2288 High May 7
- PRICE: 1.2167 @ 06:46 BST May 7
- SUP 1: 1.2143 Low May 7
- SUP 2: 1.2129 1.50 proj of the Jan 28 - Feb 25 - Feb 26 price swing
- SUP 3: 1.2070 2.0% 10-dma envelope
- SUP 4: 1.2062 Low Sep 2017 and a major support
USDCAD traded sharply lower Thursday, hitting new cycle lows of 1.2143 and cleared a number of supports in the process. This keeps the pair solidly in bear mode and maintains the bearish price sequence of lower lows and lower highs. MA studies also highlight a downside bias, reinforcing current trend conditions. The pair is approaching a major support at 1.2062, the Sep 2017 low. On the upside, initial resistance is at 1.2288, yesterday's high.