Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
FOREX: As Europe digested the latest Fed hike & accompanying rhetoric USD
garnered a bid, with the DXY closing above the 100-DMA (94.640) for the first
time since Dec '17. The move got a helping hand from further strong US data as
Wholesale Inventories & Durable Goods Orders both beat exp.
- EUR/USD was pressured by the underlying USD bid & Italian fiscal worries.
- CHF suffered throughout the session, partly as USD/CHF was driven through its
200-DMA while global equities climbed further. The S&P500 came within 0.5% of
its all-time highs. USD/JPY also ran higher registering a fresh YTD high in the
- AUD & NZD suffered amid softer metals prices, as the stronger USD pressed spot
gold lower by over 1% at some points of the session, although crude oil ground
higher, sparing CAD & NOK from similar losses.
- German unemployment, Eurozone CPI, Canadian GDP, U.S. PCE & MNI Chicago PMI
are the calendar highlights on Friday, alongside speeches from Fed's Barkin &
Williams, BoE's Ramsden & ECB's Praet.