Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STOCKS: Asian stocks traded cautiously in front of Tuesday's key US CPI release,
with all of the region's major indices lower.
- Japan's Nikkei 225 pared its early losses to trade flat on the day. Automakers
& machinery names dragged, with defensive names outperforming. USDJPY moved back
above 106.50 which helped the benchmark to reverse the bulk of its losses.
- Hong Kong & Chinese stocks were lower, with the Hang Seng trading -0.3% & the
CSI 300 -0.4%. Consumer staples & energy weighed in Hong Kong, while the
Utilities & Financial sectors were the only 2 groups to trade higher. The PBoC's
meagre liquidity injections did little to stoke risk on flow.
- The ASX 200 underperformed, last trading 0.6% lower with materials leading the
way as the heavyweight miners fell afoul of lower iron ore prices.
- US index futures were largely unchanged.