Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- Banorte Chief Economist Gabriel Cassilas spoke in a conference today and said that Banxico will have to start a tightening cycle in 2021.
- As a reminder, Banxico cut its benchmark rate by 25bps to 4% this year despite the expected rise in inflationary pressures (April Inflation rose to 6.1%).
- Casillas also said that economic growth is expected to reach 5.9% in 2021.
- The uncertainty associated to Covid19 has been weighing on the tourism and food sectors and therefore keeps delaying the recovery.