Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
A range bound session for core as we start the week.
- Nonetheless the bear steepening trend remains en vogue, with German 5/30s once again trading near session high, and still eyeing the August peak at 72.445 next.
- In peripheral, BTP/Bund is testing 95.00bps, and lowest (tightest) levels since 2015.
- Support target here is at 91.436 (02/12/15).
- US stimulus, US Covid roll outs, Lagarde on EU positive outlook and Mario Draghi's odds of forming a Government boosted over the weekend, has kept Core Bonds better offered and BTP better bid
- Gilts has traded inline with Bund, and the futures contract trades down 33 ticks on the UK Vaccination roll outs, brushing aside some concerns regarding the South African variant.
- US Treasuries, Despite the small unwind in equity markets, core bonds are trading in the red and bear steeper.
- US 5/30s are off their steepest levels in early trade at +152.305bps and last trading at +151.762bps
- Looking ahead, BoE Gov Bailey, Fed's Mester andECB's Lagarde & Villeroy all scheduled.
- No tier 1 data