Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 1.2243 High Feb 25 and a key resistance
- RES 3: 1.2184 High Feb 26
- RES 2: 1.2150 High Apr 29
- RES 1: 1.2085 61.8% of Friday's range
- PRICE: 1.2018 @ 16:31 BST May 4
- SUP 1: 1.2014/1987 20- and 50-day EMAs
- SUP 2: 1.1943 Low Apr 19
- SUP 3: 1.1861 Low Apr 7 and 8
- SUP 4: 1.1795 Low Apr 6
EURUSD traded sharply lower on Apr 30 and this threatens the recent bullish theme. Last week saw price trade above the bear channel top drawn off the Jan 6 high. The failure to follow through however does warn of a false break and a key S/T resistance has been defined at 1.2150, Apr 29 high. A firm support lies at 1.2014/1987, the 20 and 50-day EMAs. A break would trigger a stronger sell-off. Clearance of 1.2150 is needed to reinstate the uptrend.