Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 1.2834 50-day EMA
- RES 3: 1.2835 High Nov 11
- RES 2: 1.2799 High Jan 18 and a key resistance
- RES 1: 1.2728 20-day EMA
- PRICE: 1.2727 @ 17:50 GMT Jan 22
- SUP 1: 1.2590 Low Jan 21
- SUP 2: 1.2586 Low Apr 19, 2018
- SUP 3: 1.2576 1.0% 10-dma envelope
- SUP 4: 1.2536 1.382 proj of Oct 29 - Nov 9 downleg from Nov 13 high
USDCAD hit new cycle lows this week at 1.2590, affirming further the underlying downtrend - the breach maintains the bearish price sequence of lower lows and lower highs. MA studies are in a bear mode and further weakness appears likely with scope for 1.2586, the Apr 19, 2018 low. Firm resistance is located at 1.2799, Jan 18 high. A break of this hurdle is required to signal a short-term reversal and the start of a correction.