Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USDMXN unchanged from this time yesterday at 20.25 as markets await Oct-15 Bi-Weekly CPI. This will be the penultimate set of inflation data the market receives before the November 11th Banxico meeting.
- Banxico Governor Diaz de Leon reiterated that the shocks being experienced during the pandemic are transitory, but risks have increased, during a conference hosted by the Universidad de Chile.
- Higher energy inflation should account for most of the advance in core inflation, due to increasing propane prices. The results are consistent with prices in global oil and gas markets. Non-processed food inflation is likely to fall due to base effects, but will remain well above the target.
- Core goods inflation is likely to extend its uptrend, still under pressure from global prices, transport costs and supply disruptions. Core services inflation is likely to moderate, in line with subdued demand driven pressures and the year-on-year comparison.
- 1200BST/0700ET: Oct. Bi-Weekly CPI M/m, est. 0.52%, prior 0.21%
- 1200BST/0700ET:: Oct. Bi-Weekly CPI Y/y, est. 6.10%, prior 6.13%
- 1200BST/0700ET: Oct. Bi- Weekly Core CPI, est. 0.20%, prior 0.13%