Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Core FI has traded on a firmer footing ahead of the Tokyo re-open, although liquidity is diminished owing to the U.S. holiday that will be observed on Monday.
- As a reminder, JGB futures went out at best levels of the session during last week's final round of overnight trade, 3 ticks above Tokyo settlement.
- A quick note that weekend press saw JiJi report that the BoJ will consider a proposal to allow wider fluctuations around its 10-Year JGB yield target (which is set to stay at around 0%), in what appeared to be a source report that had no attribution. There didn't appear to be a reference re: the timing of such an announcement, with the BoJ set to convene and issue its first monetary policy decision of '21 later this week, while it is set to release a review of its monetary policy practices in March.
- There is little of note on the local docket today, with final industrial production data providing the highlight.