Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The Brazilian Real continued its recovery from the 5.30 level, amid a sharp recovery in oil markets and broader risk sentiment. Despite the rally, upside may be capped by lingering political issues, outlined below. Some trading desks reported a quiet session that saw little bias to flows in any direction.
- The focus will be on the IPCA-15 inflation data due on Friday which will be the final print before the Aug 4 Copom meeting/decision. The annual reading is expected to jump to 8.51% from 8.13% previously.
- President Bolsonaro removed one of his closest ministers from office on Wednesday, in order to hand the chief-of-staff role to one of the main leaders of the so-called "Centrão," or Big Center, a cluster of centre-right parties.
- Senator Ciro Nogueira (Progressive Party, PP, of Piauí) is expected to take over the position currently occupied by retired Army General Luiz Eduardo Ramos, Mr. Bolsonaro's long time friend, in the coming days.
- The changes take place at a difficult time for Mr. Bolsonaro, with polls showing a sharp drop in his approval rating.
- Government allies believe that Bolsonaro needs to consider the gesture, especially now that he is facing scrutiny from a senate probe into the government's response to the pandemic.