Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
BOND SUMMARY: Bonds moved higher shortly before the European cash open on the
back of a tweet by the editor of the Global Times who said that "few Chinese
believe" a US-China trade deal can be agreed "soon". This has put risk on the
backfoot and equities are also lower this morning.
- Cash gilts and Bunds gapped higher on the open while futures (including TY1)
- Most EGB spreads are largely unch on the day but BTP-Bund spreads continue to
whip around and are just over 2bp tighter on the day. Portuguese spreads have
widened this morning, but there seems little news, spreads are 2.9bp wider on
- Gilt futures are up 0.42 today at 132.10 with 10y yields down -4.0bp at 0.691%
and 2y yields down -1.9bp at 0.535%.
- Bund futures are up 0.50 today at 171.41 with 10y Bund yields down -3.5bp at
-0.376% and Schatz yields down -1.1bp at -0.649%.
- BTP futures are up 0.47 today at 141.90 with 10y yields down -5.2bp at 1.191%
and 2y yields down -2.6bp at 0.019%.