Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Spot USD/PHP trades -0.040 at PHP47.720 at typing, still within the confines of yesterday's range. A fall through Jun 8 low of PHP47.640 would open up PHP47.615, which limited losses on Jun 1. Topside focus falls on Jun 4 high of PHP47.882 and a break here would open up the 50-DMA at PHP48.116.
- USD/PHP 1-month NDF last -0.020 at PHP47.810. Bears look set their sights on Jun 7 cycle low of PHP47.670, while bulls keep an eye on Jun 2 high of PHP47.980.
- BSP Gov Diokno said Thursday that Bangko Sentral will maintain loose monetary policy settings "as long as necessary," while remaining on watch for developments in the labour market and any potential impact on inflation. Meanwhile, the minutes from the central bank's May MonPol meeting showed that real GDP is expected to return to its 2019 level by 3Q2022.
- The Presidential Palace said that restrictions in the NCR+ bubble may be loosened next week, as the local Covid-19 improves.
- Pres Duterte's spokesman said that his boss has not yet made a final decision on whether to run for Vice Pres next year. Duterte had earlier expressed his willingness to retire after his current term ends.
- The Philippine docket is virtually empty today, with markets awaiting the release of overall BoP & overseas remittances, expected next week.