Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STERLING SUMMARY: Cable: Asia open $1.3262, range $1.3260-78. Europe open
$1.3264, range $1.3179-1.3276.
* Eur/Gbp: Asia open Gbp0.8907, Gbp0.8905-0.89155. Europe open Gbp0.8915, range
* Stronger than forecast UK Q3 GDP boosted sterling Wednesday, took cable from
$1.3110 to $1.3271.
* Eur/Gbp lurched down to Gbp0.8880 then recovered to Gbp0.8923 as Eur/Usd
recovery outpaced cable.
* Usd remained under pressure into Asia, cable edged on to $1.3278(76.4%
$1.3337-$1.3087) then settled around $1.3265.
* Eur/Gbp recovery continued through Asia and in Europe, met initial resistance
at Gbp0.8933 before it spiked on to Gbp0.89575.
* Move shoved cable down to $1.3179 before sterling recovered, allowed cable to
edge back toward $1.3200.
* UK CBI Retail data at 1000GMT but this will be overshadowed by ECB rate/QE