Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- "The decision is based on a significant review of macroeconomic forecasts... The notable policy step we have taken is needed in order to bring inflation in line with the target."* "Deposit and loan rates were not as quick to react to the policy rate adjustment as the OFZ bonds, today's decision is aimed at speeding up this process."
- "The neutral (policy rate) range remains at 5-6% given inflation close to 4%... It is premature to say whether this rate hike is going to be the last one in the policy tightening cycle."
- "The first signs of inflationary pressure weakening appeared in the first half of July but this is not yet sufficient to talk about sustainable inflation slowdown."
- "We must not put up with elevated inflationary expectations so that they do not anchor on this high level."
- Outlook Revision:
- "According to our forecasts, the OPEC+ oil output increase will add 0.1 percentage point to GDP growth in 2021 and 0.2-0.3 percentage point in 2022."
- "A good (grain) harvest may provide for more significant food price decline."
- "There are signs of overheating in the unsecured loan market. Taking into account data for the last few months, we will decide on additional measures to cool down this segment."
- "Geopolitical risks are also something to which we continue to pay attention."