Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The centre-right Christian Democratic Union (CDU) retains its healthy opinion polling lead in the latest release from Infratest dimap, despite a gaffe from the party's chancellor candidate amidst the devastating floods that hit west and north-west Germany last week.
- Germany, Infratest dimap poll: CDU/CSU: 29% (+1), Green: 19% (-1), Social Democrats (SPD): 16% (+1), Free Democrats (FDP): 12% (+1), Alternative for Germany (AfD): 10% (-1), Die Linke: 6% (-1). +/- vs. 28-30 June 2021. Fieldwork: 20-21 July 2021. Sample size: 1,188
- On a visit to the affected area in his role as Minister-President of North Rhine-Westphalia, Laschet was caught on camera laughing and joking while in the foreground German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier delivered a sombre assessment of the flooding. However, it seems that this has had little impact on the public's voting choices.
- The environmentalist Greens' chancellor candidate Annalena Baerbock continue to struggle to gain momentum after accusations of plagarism in a new book she has released.
- The slump in support for the Greens makes the prospect of a coalition not involving the CDU increasingly unlikely, with Laschet in pole position at present to take over from incumbent Chancellor Angela Merkel after the September election.