July 26, 2022 06:42 GMT
- CNB member Jan Frait recently mentioned that the CNB must show caution with potential further monetary tightening as global economic activity is decelerating significantly.
- Frait said that he will be deciding between rate stability and a small hike at the next meeting on August 4.
- German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock is scheduled to meet Czech counterpart Jan Lipavsky in Prague to discuss issues including the two country’s relations and the war in Ukraine (BBG).
- Yesterday, economic data showed that Czech consumer confidence fell to new lows in July, and is currently pricing in a significant deceleration in the economic activity.
- Next data to watch will be Q2 GDP print, expected to fall by 0.3% QoQ.