Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Yesterday, the CNB raised its benchmark rate by 25bps as expected to 0.5%. Four member voted for a 25bps increase, one for 50bps hike and two members voted for leaving rates unchanged.
- CNB Chief Rusnok mentioned in a press conference in Prague (following CNB decision) that it is possible that the Czech central bank will raise interest rates at every coming meetings, but hopes the CNB will not have to do so, implying that the CNB could hike by another 2 to 3 times in 2021 (original forecast was 3 hikes in 2021).
- With the Czech FRA 6Mx9M trading at 87bps above the Pribor 3M, the market is currently pricing 3 to 4 hikes in H2 2021 (up to one hike at every meeting).
- This morning, Business and Consumer confidence rose to 13 in June (from 8.4 the previous month), implying that sentiment continues to remain positive in Czech Republic ahead of the summer.