Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 0.7750 High Mar 23
- RES 3: 0.7691 Trendline resistance drawn off the Feb 25 high
- RES 2: 0.7681 50-day EMA
- RES 1: 0.7677 High Apr 7
- PRICE: 0.7651 @ 18:13 GMT Apr 8
- SUP 1: 0.7596 Low Apr 2
- SUP 2: 0.7532/17 Low Apr 1 and the bear trigger / Low Dec 22
- SUP 3: 0.7462 Low Dec 21
- SUP 4: 0.7418 23.6% retracement of the Mar 2020 - Feb rally
AUDUSD is consolidating and remains above recent lows having recovered from 0.7532, Apr 1 low. The outlook however remains bearish. The pair has recently breached support at 0.7563, Mar 25 low and also cleared the Feb 2 low of 0.7564. This reinforces a bearish theme following the confirmation of a head and shoulders reversal pattern on Mar 23. This has opened 0.7517, Dec 22 low. Initial resistance is seen at 0.7681, the 50-day EMA.