- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI: PBOC Injects CNY2 Billion Via OMOs Monday
MNI: PBOC Yuan Parity Lower At 7.0157 Monday; -4.98% Y/Y
Core FI off its highs but the market still talking about risk-off events
Core fixed income is off the highs seen shortly after the European open; gilts and Bunds are now more in line with last week's close but Treasuries are still higher on the day.
- There has been little macro or headline rationale for the pullback in core FI with market conversations still focusing on the risk-off aspects of the fall of the Afghan government, softer China data and, to a lesser extent, continued Covid-19 concerns. Equities have not really recovered, however, with most indices across Europe down around 0.5%.
- There is no tier 1 data due today with US Empire Manufacturing and TIC flows the highlights.
- Looking ahead to the rest of the week, we have the FOMC Minutes on Wednesday while US retail sales and IP data tomorrow will also be watched. In the UK we have labour market data, inflation, retail sales and public finance data all due this week. The Eurozone data calendar is a lot more sparse.
- TY1 futures are up 0-7+ today at 134-06 with 10y UST yields down -0.7bp at 1.271% and 2y yields down -0.8bp at 0.201%.
- Bund futures are up 0.05 today at 176.69 with 10y Bund yields up 0.2bp at -0.466% and Schatz yields down -0.2bp at -0.745%.
- Gilt futures are up 0.03 today at 129.70 with 10y yields up 0.5bp at 0.577% and 2y yields up 0.5bp at 0.136%.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.