Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Singapore CPI beats headline Y/Y but misses on core. The headline figure was flat Y/Y against expectations for -0.1%, the core figure printed -0.3% against -0.1% expected.
- Private transport costs provided a boost, according to the MAS and MTI the component rose 1.2% in December from -1.3% in November.
- The figure was dragged lower by declines in services costs and lower food inflation while weak consumer spending weighed on the print.
- ANZ says the data are unlikely to materially effect the rate with the MAS expected to be on hold at its April meeting.
- The MAS said predict that inflation is likely to pick up amid the expected recovery in global oil prices in the coming quarters, but noted cost pressures are expected to be subdued as wages and rents stay low.