- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI: PBOC Net Drains CNY11 Bln Via OMOs Wednesday
MNI: PBOC Yuan Parity Higher At 7.1196 Wednesday; -6.10% Y/Y
Curve Bear Steepened On Firmer PPI Data, Fedspeak
TYH3 deals at 111-23, -0-05+, in line with levels seen late in the NY session
- Cash Tsys finished 1-8bps cheaper on Thursday, the curve bear steepened.
- Tsys were pressured as PPI data was stronger than expected in January. Weekly claims data showed that the labour market continues to be tight.
- Losses extended as Cleveland Fed President Mester noted she saw a compelling case for a 50bps hike at the last meeting. Adding the Fed can accelerate the pace of hikes if required.
- Tsys retested session lows as St Louis Fed President Bullard said he wouldn't rule out supporting a 50bp hike at the next meeting.
- A late block trade in TY futures (+7K) failed to provide broad support to the space.
- Fedspeak from Cleveland Fed President Mester is on the wires shortly. Further out CPI data from France and US terms of trade will cross. Fedspeak from Richmond Fed President Barkin and Fed Gov Bowman is also due on Friday.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.