Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Early trade sees a return lower for EUR/USD, partially reversing some of the strength seen late last week off the 2021 low of 1.1524. The greenback is the best performing currency in G10 in early trade, returning the USD Index back above the 94.00 handle, although remains well off the best levels of last week at 94.561.
- Curves are generally flattening, with US 2y, 3y yields higher by 3bps while the longer end gains 1.5-2.0bps. US 10y yield sits just below 1.6% and just shy of the October highs last week at 1.63%.
- Chinese data was mixed overnight, with GDP growth and industrial productoin data edging below expectations while retail sales came in stronger.
- Data points are few and far between across Europe, with focus turning to US industrial production data at 1415BST/0915ET. There are a series of CB speakers, with BoE's Cunliffe, Fed's Quarles & Kashkari on the docket, although none speak directly on monetary policy.