Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
- Local economists warn of upside risks to unemployment, especially in hospitality and tourism, arising from the extended level 3 lockdown.
- Note slow vaccine rollout could see unemployment reach 50% or more
- State capture inquiry hears testimony that the state security agency (SSA) paid ex-President Zuma R4.5m a month and was used to obstruct political opponents, stop Zuma must fall protests and bribe judges to rule in his favour.
- If true and can be supported, this could add substantial weight to the case against Zuma
- HealthMin says SA still on course to receive its first batch of 1m vaccines by end-Jan from the Serum Institute of India (at a highly inflated price) and 500k in Feb. Says the vaccination drive will start in Feb.