Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
European govies trade weaker this morning with price action relatively contained in core markets and the EGB periphery underperforming.
- Gilts have lacked convincing direction this morning with yields holding within 1bp of yesterday's close.
- It is a similar story for bunds. Last yields: 2-year -0.788%, 5-year -0.8084%, 10-year -0.617%, 30-year -0.2041%.
- BTPs have sold off with the curve bear steepening. Cash yields are 2-5bp higher on the day with the 2s30s spread 3bp wider.
- Supply this morning came from Germany (Schatz, EUR3.665bn) and the ESM (bills, EUR2bn).
- Speaking earlier today, the BoE's Vlieghe indicated that the risks are skewed in the direction of further monetary stimulus and that the risks of negative rates being counterproductive is low.
- The ECB's Hernandez de Cos will be speaking in Madrid at 1250BST.
- It has been another quiet day for the data calendar with no tier one releases.