Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
European govies have traded mixed this morning alongside fresh downside for equities and broad dollar strength against G10 FX.
- Gilt yields are broadly 1bp higher with the curve slightly bear steepening.
- Bunds have lacked clear direction so far and trade close to flat on the day.
- OATs are similarly now little changed on the day. Last yields: 2-year -0.659%, 5-year -0.5464%, 10-year 0.084%, 30-year 0.8446%.
- BTP cash yields are 1-2bp higher with the close marginally flatter.
- The UK CBI Retailing Reported Sales updated for April came in stronger than expected (20 vs 10 survey).
- Elsewhere, Italian consumer and business confidence surveys were similarly better than expected for April.
- Supply this morning came from Germany (Bund, EUR3.253bn allotted) and Italy (BTP/BTPei, EUR5.5bn ). The UK DMO has also offered GBP6bn of a new 30-year gilt through syndication.