Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
European government bonds have broadly traded sideways through the day and have failed to claw back the losses posted earlier in the session.
- The gilt curve has bear steepend with the 2s30s spread 3bp wider.
- Bund yields are now 1-2bp higher with the curve 1bp steeper.
- OATs similarly remain a touch weaker on the day. Last yields: 2-year -0.6636%, 5-year -0.5609%, 10-year -0.0199%, 30-year 0.8313%.
- BTPs trade in line with core EGBs, with the longer end of the curve slightly underperforming.
- The UK and EU today pledged to work together in calming tensions in Northern Ireland following the recent spate of rioting.
- Focus next week will be the ECB Governing Council meeting on Thursday and any additional clarity on the roll out of the Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccine.