Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BOND SUMMARY: EGB/GILT: European govvies have traded slightly firmer today while
equities have inched higher and oil has dipped.
- Gilts sold off early into the session but have recovered through the morning
and now trade close to unch on the day.
- Bunds are bid with cash yields around 2bp lower.
- OATs have slightly outperformed, particularly in the belly of the curve.
- BTPs trade broadly in line with core EGBs with yields similarly 1-2bp lower.
- While the recovery initiative proposed by the EC yesterday has been viewed
positively, prolonged and potentially fractious negotiations now wait. Member
states will need to reach consensus on the amount of funding available, the
balance of grants versus loans, the mechanism for deciding on how to allocate
funds across the bloc and how the money will be repaid in the future. Although
the EU is well known for reaching compromise solutions, delays are likely.
- Regional German CPI data for May shows broad deceleration from the previous
month, while the preliminary Spanish print pushed further into deflation