Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
European sovereign bonds have broadly traded lower at the beginning of the week alongside uneven trading in equities. Focus this week will be on the Thursday ECB meeting with markets paying particular attention to potential adjustments to the PEPP purchase rate and whether the current "significantly higher" pace will be maintained.
- Gilt yields are 1-2bp higher with the curve bear steepening.
- The German bond curve has similarly marginally steepened with the 2s30s spread 1bp wider on the day.
- OATs have followed bunds lower with the long end also underperforming.
- It is a similar story for BTPs where cash yields are 1-2bp above the Friday close.
- Supply this morning came from Germany (Bubills, EUR5.586bn allotted) and the Netherlands (EUR3.04bn).