May 05, 2022 14:22 GMT
- A busy session for Govies and rate markets, with the Dovish BoE forcing a spike in futures contracts.
- But we have since pullback over 100 ticks in Bund, which has also been helped by the latest comment from ECB Rehn, the "ECB should hike rates in July, and continue to raise gradually after that".
- Gilts continue to consolidate some of the rally, after it found a base at the 1.80% level, which equated to 119.57.
- Printed a 119.53 high and 1.806% low in Yield.
- Gilt has now lost over 100 ticks from its high at 118.35 at the time of typing.
- Gilt futures are up 0.53 today at 118.36 with 10y yields down -4.5bp at 1.920% and 2y yields down -13.0bp at 1.497%.
- Bund futures are down -0.33 today at 152.85 with 10y Bund yields up 3.5bp at 1.004% and Schatz yields down -0.5bp at 0.259%.
- BTP futures are down -0.08 today at 128.43 with 10y yields up 0.9bp at 2.964% and 2y yields down -3.9bp at 0.907%.
- OAT futures are down -0.13 today at 145.20 with 10y yields up 2.1bp at 1.520% and 2y yields down -1.4bp at 0.244%.