Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Gilts and Bunds are trading fairly flat early Thursday, with periphery spreads a little tighter (BTPs outperforming in a broadly risk-on session so far).
- With little data for the rest of the session (French confidence figures were broadly in line earlier) and no bond supply, central banks are the focus of the session.
- BoE's Broadbent speaks at 0930BST, of interest given recent MPC members' comments tilting toward hawkishness.
- Then of course we get the ECB decision (1245BST) and press conference (1330BST).
- Focus is on the strategy review and change in monetary policy objective. While Lagarde Q&A will be keenly eyed, also note there will be a change in format with a different style of opening statement.
- Sep Bund futures (RX) up 4 ticks at 175.57 (L: 175.49 / H: 175.78)
- Sep Gilt futures (G) down 1 ticks at 129.36 (L: 129.35 / H: 129.6)
- Sep BTP futures (IK) up 23 ticks at 153.48 (L: 153.43 / H: 153.65)
- Italy / German 10-Yr spread 1.5bps tighter at 106.8bps