Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Gilts significantly underperformed Bunds Thursday, with bear steepening in the curve. Supply and rate hike reconsiderations were the session's themes.
- France (E7.5bln) Spain (E5bln) and UK Green (GBP6bln) provided the supply, helping weigh on the space. Euribor and Short-Sterling futures weakened a few ticks after Wednesdays move higher.
- Further down the curve, 10Y Gilt yields touched a fresh post-2019 high. 10s30s flattening in Germany was notable (that segment now at the flattest since the pandemic started in March 2020).
- Periphery spreads saw little change.
Closing Yields / 10-Yr Periphery EGB Spreads To Germany
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is up 1.2bps at -0.646%, 5-Yr is up 4.1bps at -0.432%, 10-Yr is up 2.5bps at -0.101%, and 30-Yr is down 1.8bps at 0.273%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is up 2.5bps at 0.709%, 5-Yr is up 4.6bps at 0.864%, 10-Yr is up 5.4bps at 1.202%, and 30-Yr is up 5.6bps at 1.443%.
- Italian BTP spread up 0.3bps at 104.3bps / Spanish down 0.4bps at 62.6bps